Monday, October 26, 2009

Ik ben door de helfd van mijn zending.

From e-mail dated October 26, 2009


Well, here it is, the halfway point of my mission. Actually, it was last week-- but with the transfer ending this week, it feels a little more real. Especially since Zr. Baxter, my trainer, is going home this transfer. Crazy, huh? I love her so much! It's so strange that she's going home...
Oh, yeah--so I'm staying in Amsterdam. And so is Zr. Fritz. We're really excited to be staying. We've got a lot of work to do and a lot to still learn from each other.
This week we’ve seen some amazing things in Amsterdam. One was a lesson with an investigator named Amy. She is from China and she knows basically nothing about Christ. We had dinner and a lesson at a member’s house this week, and she really opened up as we taught her about Christ. She really felt the spirit testifying to her and she felt that He is her savior. She has A LOT of questions and isn’t sure she accepts everything about Christ, but it’s coming step by step.
Another fun thing in Amsterdam this week is a new finding approach that we tried--we call it flower finding. We went and purchased some cheap flowers and went to a park and gave them out to people and talked to them about what makes them happy. And you know what's amazing? People were actually happy to talk to us! Almost no one turned us down. We had bought 20 flowers, and in an hour we only went through 8. Yeah, we thought it was great. We are definitely going to do it again. And one of the women we talked to is absolutely convinced that we were sent to her from God because she was having a really rotten day--and we won't argue with that--we know we are sent from God, too.
So, I do have some sad news that comes with transfers-- Haarlem is closing. My greenie city is getting shut down. It broke my heart. I can't get the wonderful people there off my mind-- I love them so much, and now there will be no missionaries there-- My heart hurts most for Azelea because the missionaries were such a miracle for her. But, Heavenly Father knows what He is doing and what these people need. Maybe this is just what she needs to get in gear and decide to be baptized.
It sounds like things at home have been busy. Don't kill yourselves, all right? You all need to be alive when I come home in 9 months. This week I got letters from a couple of friends who hadn't written before--Jennifer and-- well-- the other is on a mission so she won't be able to read this anyway-- but say thanks in the blog. It was really great. Sometimes as a missionary you feel long forgotten and wonder what's going on--so it was really nice to hear from her. And thanks for your letters from home as well--they make such a difference.
...And I'm doing great with nylons and crystal lite. The peanut butter here is pretty good, so you don't have to worry about sending more. I'm not picky about what you send. Mostly I just want to hear from ya'll.
Well, I've gotta jet so this can get off to you before the computer blacks out. I love you so much!
Oh, I guess one thing you could send would be some warm wool socks and hand warmers--I'm not sure they have hand warmers here.
Okay, my spiritual thought is to always keep going, there's always something new to try and some way to find more happiness. I love you!
Zr. Fowler

No comments:

Post a Comment