Monday, September 7, 2009

Sorry, een beetje kort...

From e-mail dated September 7, 2009.

So, my email this week will be a little short because we are now sending our President's letters via email and it took some time to figure out how we could get it saved and everything-- and the library only allows you to use internet for half an hour a day (so even though President has extended our email priveleges to 45 minutes so we can email him, it doesn't change anything for those of us who have time restrictions in the place we email).
Something I forgot to mention in my email last week is that Sister Brubaker (the mission president's wife) is doing a mission blog. It is belgiumbrusselsnetherlandsmission.blogspot.com Enjoy :)
Also, Zr. Miller said that if you want to send my birthday package with her mom, her mom will probably be coming back to the Netherlands before my birthday. She's going to email her mom and ask, and then I'll let you know if that's an option. (Her parents live part of the time in the Netherlands and part in Utah).
I also thought of something I would like for my birthday--it is a CD called Worship by the group Octapella. Zr. Miller has it, and I'm going to miss it when we aren't companions anymore.
Speaking of which, transfers are next week. Crazy! We'll see what happens. I feel like I still haven't done what the Lord sent me to do in Amsterdam, so I feel like I'm staying, but we'll see.
This week the Elders in Amsterdam had a baptism. There is a woman from the Philippines who they reactivated, and her kids got baptized on Saturday. It was such a neat experience. It really reminded me of when I was baptized. I still have vivid memories of my baptismal day--being afraid that I'd have to be baptized more than once (like Justin Turner who went before me), the weight of the hands on my head when I was receiving the Holy Ghost, banana splits at the house afterward, etc. It really is such a great experience--and such an important one. The spirit at the baptism really reminded me why we do what we do, and that even the hard times are more than worth it.
We also had exchanges again this week. I worked with Zr. Erickson in Amsterdam and we had a great time. Working with her really helped me in a lot of ways--just being able to talk with her about some of our mutual issues and talking about how to help the work improve in our areas. She's such a wonderful missionary!
Oh, so funny story. On exchanges, Zr. Miller and Zr. Driggs were also working in Amsterdam and they went to look up an old investigator. The investigator (Vili, from Bulgaria) was home and they had a lesson with her and her daughter Ani and her son Yanko (who is actually a member). Well, Ani said that they had some friends from Austria who wanted to talk to us, and we were like, "Sweet! Referral!" Anyway, we went back for our appointment on Friday, and Ani told us that her friends wanted to talk to us--but they were on Skype. We asked how we were going to talk to them since we don't know German, but she said that they speak English. Anyway, we sat down and looked at the video on the computer--and it was Sister Missionaries! They are teaching Vili's sister in Austria. It was really funny, and a good time.
This next week is going to be INSANE! We have Zone Conference on Friday in Den Haag with Elder Kopishke from the Seventy--and we have been told that it is going to last from 10:00 in the morning until 6:00 or 7:00 at night. Then we are headed straight down to Brussels because Zr. Miller has a meeting in Brussels on Saturday, so I'll be going on exchanges with one of the French sisters in Brussels. It'll be a good time.
Well, I've gotta get running. I love you. I know that the church is true. Marijke is doing AWESOME! I love her so much! And seeing how excited she is about the gospel and about her baptism just makes me excited every day. Keep her in your prayers. The power of prayer is amazing--it really is communication between us and our loving Father. I've never prayed so much in my life--and I hope I only keep praying more and more. My testimony of prayer has grown immensely over these last couple of transfers--it definitely gives strength and power.

I love you so much!
Zuster Fowler

No comments:

Post a Comment