Monday, September 21, 2009

Mijn groentje is geweldig!

From e-mail dated September 21, 2009.

Hoi!
So, this week has definitely been an adventure, to say the least. Going from junior companion to senior and trainer in all one jump has been a bit overwhelming, but it's been good. But, before I go into that, I'll start with what happened at the beginning of the week. My bike got stolen. Yup. You heard me right. Stolen. We walked out on Monday to go meet our joint teach and head to our appointments to see that my bike was gone...
But, Heavenly Father works miracles. We called our joint teach, and she came to meet us at our place. She then rode achter op to our appointment and then after our appointment she told us that she has a bike that I could just have. It is an old bike, but at least it is a bike. Then, the next day I was making phone calls, trying to see if I could work anything to get a cheap bike for my greenie, and instead I got two free bikes--one for me and one for my greenie. Yeah, miracles. Heavenly Father knows what he is doing.
Now to let you know about my greenie--I am serving with Zuster Jillian Fritz. She is the one who wrote on my blog a few months ago, and she followed my blog up until she entered the MTC. Random, but super cool. Anyway, she is AMAZING! Her Dutch is wonderful, she is a super hard worker, and she is just an absolutely amazing person. She is definitely overwhelmed right now--but she's adjusting well. She and I get along super... She is a wonderful missionary and we have already seen so many miracles! This transfer is going to bring so many more miracles, I'm so excited for all that's ahead of us!
Marijke is doing wonderfully--the ward has really taken her in, and it's so wonderful to see. She is getting baptized on Saturday, and I'm SO excited for her! She has changed so much since we first met her, and the gospel has just brought so much light to her life. I'm so excited for her to get the gift of the Holy Ghost and to see how that affects her. She is so excited to get baptized, and even more excited to be able to be sealed to her husband in the temple in a year (he passed away a number of years ago). I'm definitely already trying to think about whether or not it would be possible for me to come back for that.
Saturday, Zr. Fritz and I saw an amazing miracle. We have decided that Amsterdam needs more opstraat and less langs de deuren. We felt really good about going to the park to find and as we were walking along, we saw a young woman who had just gotten done jogging. We felt like we needed to talk with her. We talked with her about God’s love and told her about how we could receive more of his love through the Book of Mormon. I shared with her Alma 26:27 and an experience about how it really touched my life. We then asked her if she’d be interested in learning more. She started to cry and said yes—she’d recently begun wondering how she could strengthen her relationship with Christ and she told us we were sent by God to talk with her. We have an appointment with her this week. She was definitely prepared to meet us and I know that Heavenly Father sent us there for her. The spirit in our contact was AMAZING!
I love you all, and I know without a shadow of a doubt that the gospel is true. Tell Chris thanks for his letter...
Well, I've gotta get running, but know that I love you. The gospel is true, and the spirit can change peoples' lives. I've seen it--both in other peoples' lives and in my own. Please keep praying for Marijke and for the rest of the people we teach (some specifics are Ani, Vili, Dadson, and Familie Todorovic--they could really use your prayers right now). I love you!

Zuster Fowler

No comments:

Post a Comment