Monday, February 22, 2010

One of the best weeks of my mission

From e-mail dated February 22, 2010.

This has been one of the best weeks of my mission so far. It was amazing! But before I get to that, I'll respond to a couple of things in your email...
*The missionaries have made contact with the referral from Pat Esplin--I'm not sure what has happened so far, but I know that they've made contact, and as soon as I know more, I'll pass it through.
*For now the mission office is staying in Brussels, but we'll see what happens--they aren't sure if it will be moving or not.
*I'm not sure if the CD is on the approved list, but you're welcome to send it, and if it's not, then I'll just wait until I get home to listen to it.
Okay, now on to the AWESOMENESS that was this week :)
Monday we went to Delft for P-day and I got some fun things for the family and finally found souvenirs that I think the boys will like-- boy they've been rough to shop for. We then had dinner with a family in Delft that is from America, so it was fun to speak American English again :)
Tuesday was an interesting day-- we had district meeting (a last minute meeting because our interviews this week were cancelled because of all of the changes in the mission--we're just not getting interviewed this transfer-- sadly enough--) and then we had a really great appointment with our 82 year old investigator named Brother Dahoe. We watched the Restoration movie with him, and he absolutely adored it. He is coming closer and closer by the day to setting a baptismal date. After that we went to an appointment with a less active family--we had already eaten a pretty large lunch, and we showed up to an unexpected large meal at their house... and then we went directly to a dinner appointment-- basically I felt like an elephant at the end of the day (which is what made it interesting)...
Wednesday we went to appointments with new investigators that we had met last week. We went to our first appointment, and she had invited 2 other friends to be there! The friends were a lot more interested than she was, and at the end of the lesson, they both asked for a copy of the Book of Mormon and said they would be interested in learning more, while the girl we had met last week wasn't really interested (she is Jehovah's Witness and doesn't think she can let that go). It was really neat to go to that lesson and to talk with the other two girls who were really searching for more in their lives.
Thursday afternoon we met with the Amsterdam Sisters and went on exchanges. I got to go spend 24 hours in Amsterdam! I had the chance to see Marijke (who went to do baptisms at the temple for the first time on Friday!!!), Kim, Claire, and Elizabeth--some of my absolute favorite people ever!
Kim is getting baptized on Saturday! I'm SO excited for her! Talking with her on Friday was AMAZING! She is so strong. She has developed an amazing testimony of Jesus Christ, the church, the commandments, the Book of Mormon-- everything! She was talking to me about how she wants to help others understand better and how she wants to go on joint teach to certain investigators because she's seen both sides of the coin and knows that she can help them. She is fabulous. The Lord has BIG plans for that young woman! I'm so grateful that I am blessed enough to be her friend. I wish I could be at her baptism on Saturday, but I will definitely be there in spirit.
Saturday I got to go to the temple with Lucky. It was a wonderful experience! I love her so much! Seeing her in white making covenants with her Father in Heaven brought me such joy. I love the temple so much!
We also found some amazing new investigators this week--we're hoping to send some of our investigators to Kim's baptism because it's going to be such a beautiful experience and the spirit there will help them be able to make that decision for themselves.
Well, I've only got two minutes left, so I'd better run. I love you so much! And I love the gospel. Thanks for the letters and the support.

Zuster Fowler

No comments:

Post a Comment