Monday, November 16, 2009

Wat een dag


From e-mail dated November 16, 2009

So, I can imagine you've been freaking out because you haven't gotten any emails yet today :) Ha ha. We had a choir practice today in Den Haag for the Christmas missionary choir, so our schedule was a little switched around and we just barely got back to Amsterdam. It's been a bit of a long day. I'm not sure if I mentioned that I'm the accompanist for the missionary choir. Some of the music is killing me-- but I've only had one week to practice--and as a missionary you don't have a whole ton of time to practice music on a piano. So, hopefully I'll pick them up in a month. I'll forward the flyer on--I've only received the French one-- but I figure dad can understand that one and not the Dutch one :)
Right now we are at the library in the Centrum and there is a talk show that is being filmed where we are. It's pretty crazy, but fun. There's like all sorts of music and random stuff going on. Good times. So, I got letters from Michelle and Matt and Colton this week. Thanks so much. I don't think the kids realize how much a difference their letters make. It really is so cool to get their letters--I hope that they like getting letters from me, too.
So, break a leg with the play. You'll have to let me know how it all goes--and all of the really funny mistakes that happen :)...
Anyway, here are some things that have been going on. We have been teaching a young Chinese woman named Amy. When we first started teaching her, she didn’t even believe in God—she just wanted to learn more about Christianity, but as she has accepted the commitments we have given her of reading from the Book of Mormon daily, coming to church, praying daily, etc. She has developed a testimony of God and Jesus Christ. We had a lesson with her this week where she bore her testimony of how she knew that God loved her—she talked about how she looks back on her life and can see how her Heavenly Father gave her a wonderful family through which she has had many opportunities, and she knows that it was something bigger than coincidence and she knows that God loves her through that. It was so amazing to hear her talk about it.
Also, one of the jovo's (young adults) in the ward had brought a couple of friends to an activity about a month ago, and they thought it was so cool and asked if they could learn more about the church. This week we taught them for the first time and they had so many questions and were so excited when we wanted to give them a Book of Mormon. They are super excited to meet again. It really strengthened my testimony of the importance of members in missionary work--that's when things really go somewhere! Most members have no idea how much of an impact they make on the people around them. This Jovo wasn't even going to invite them to the activity, but they asked where she was going and then asked if they could come along. Afterwards they asked her why they'd never been invited before and then asked to meet with us. Their names are Mark and Lotte, so pray for them.
Oh, really funny quote from one of our Zone Leaders for the week. We were having Interviews, and we always have a training with our interviews. Anyway, we were having an opening song and one of the Zone Leaders got up to lead, then in an instant he realized he didn't know how to lead, and he looked around panicking, then saw me and leaned over and whispered, "I can't lead! That's man language for help me!" It was so funny. I then got up and led, but I was trying not to laugh the whole time. It was ridiculously hilarious.
Things with Kim are going well. I love her so much. She is just a free spirit and we don't want to push her too much or she may run away. Pray that she'll develop a desire to be baptized.
I love this work! I love it so much! I love the Savior with all my heart. I’m not perfect by any means, but this work isn’t about me—it’s about HIM, and He IS perfect. I’m grateful for the opportunity I have to participate in this beautiful work.
I love you. Thanks for all of your support and all that you do. I'm fine with nylons--it's actually time for thick tights-- it's so cold! But I should be fine there. I think that's about it. Oh, about your Christmas package, I had to take one of the waffles out because it was barely too much weight and I would have had to pay another 20 euros to send one more waffle, so you are one waffle short.
Also, housing for next fall--I want to live with my MTC companion, Sister Younkin-- We are communicating via mail b/c she is in Denmark, but I sent her your email address to give to her mom.
Also, I think you can officially tell Freshman Academy that I would love to work for them again, if they will have me back--I'll probably send a letter, but it would be great if you could let them know and see if that's a possibility for me.
All right, I've got to get running. I love you!
Never forget how much your Heavenly Father loves you.

Zuster Fowler

No comments:

Post a Comment