Friday, March 13, 2009

Say you love it, and you will! MTC: Week 6

From e-mail dated 11 March, 2009

Things this week are going well. I can't believe it's only two and a half weeks until I leave for the Netherlands! CRAZY!
Sister Younkin left for Denmark on Monday--so these past couple of days have been interesting, to say the least, since I don't have a real companion right now and I'm the only sister in my branch with meals and gym and everything at the time I have them. So these last couple of days, I've just had to make sure I'm always with another set of missionaries. The German sisters that I share a room with walk me to class in the morning, then the Elders stick with me all day, then I go with the Norwegian sisters to and from gym, then the Elders take care of me and walk me back to the residence hall at night. It's kind of interesting being passed around--but everyone is super nice about it.
We get a new Dutch sister and two new Danish sisters in the branch today, so the Dutch sister will be my companion until I leave. There isn't currently any room in the room the new sisters will be moving into--so I'll stay in my bedroom with the German sisters and the temple square sisters, then I'll move into the new sisters' room next week after the others have left. Kind of crazy--but when your a solo sister, you get used to craziness.
Let's see, what else happened this week? We taught again in Dutch on Monday--which was good. Elder Kramer and I are getting better at teaching with unity and bringing the spirit. I think it's going to be hard for me to adjust to switch to teaching with a sister :).
Sunday, Sister Elaine S. Dalton came to speak at Relief Society. It was really neat. She talked about the new YW value--Virtue...
The title of my email is from one of my Elders--Elder Conder. He is pretty much hilarious and pulls the most random stuff out of his head. One day when we were talking, Elder Adams was complaining about something (I don't remember what), and Elder Conder all of a sudden said, "Say you love it, and you will!" We all laughed for a minute--but ever since then, whenever something seems overwhelming or when things are a bit rough, someone will say it again. I've found it to be true--optimism is VITAL in life! Look at the bright side of things. In Deuteronomy 17 (I think that is the chapter) it talks about the people of Moses complaining about only getting manna and reminiscing about the days when they had many more luxurious things to eat--sometimes it is easy to be like that--to forget what you really have. Instead, always look at what you DO have and how it can bless your life! Heavenly Father is constantly blessing us--and sometimes we are just too blind to see the blessings. Look for those blessings each and every day. Heavenly Father will do ALL he can to help you in the way that is best for you. I know that He loves us and that He has a plan for us. He has given us the greatest gift of all time--His Son--so that we can receive all the God has. It is only through Christ that that is possible. Humble yourself and turn to Him in every time of need, and He WILL bless you--of that I testify.
Okay, I don't have any time left on the computer, so I must jet.
Ik houd van jullie! (I love you all)
Bedankt voor uw gebeden (Thanks for your prayers)
Met liefde!
Zuster Chantelle Fowler

1 comment:

  1. thanks for posting these letters! I love reading them! :)

    ReplyDelete